Sunday, January 25, 2009

How to Obsess

Everyone obsesses about one thing or another, I believe. Some people are serious collectors of obsessions. They fall for almost everything, and follow it insescantly until it wears them out. Some wear these obsessions proudly, like a stalker, that sends you postcars with all his information, or stands around wearing an "I <3 You" sandwhichboard and ringing a bell. Some covet their obsessions, hiding them like old love letters under the bed.
I dont understand how we grow to obsess over the things we do. Be it money, an ex, a new crush, a fear, an old scar, a new pain. But I do understand the nature of obsession. How it controls you and makes you defend it at the same time, like an abusive lover. You will look at your ex's new girlsfriends myspace page 50 times in one day, then say "What? Im just curious what he sees in such a slut" When you have in fact never really met her. When really, youre wondering more what he does not see in you. I am a part time obsessor. I find an obsession, lying abandoned in the road, and I say 'Oh little vice, let me take you home.' where I then nurse it back to full obsession health, and release it back into the mentally disturbed world. I lose interest in my obsessions with time, probably making me a terrible obsession owner. A faithful obsessor, would no doubt hold onto their obsession with such vigor, nothing could tear it from their kung fu grip. Perhaps a future aspiration for me, I dont know. These things puzzle me now, because I realized today I do several things, constantly: Check my gas gauge, check my sleeping children to ensure they continue breathing, check my bank balance, text Jesse, check Jacks formula and diaper supply, and check my hair. I am, I know, an obsessive little freak.

2 comments:

  1. It is soooo wierd here today! It was sad to walk in and sit down and not see any of you today. I even miss the people who annoyed me! I hope that things are going well and that you find something quick. If you find yourself in desperate need of money I know someone who would pay to play with your phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK first off Jacob ewwww!!!!!! Second Sarah seriously soooo funny! I wish I was a funny blogger I just cant do it. I would write something funny, laugh to myslef, and they say stop it and erase it! Any who love and miss and hopefully see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete